Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Schizophrenia: Medications
 Aripiprazole (Abilify)
 Would You Recommend Aripiprazole (Abilify)
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Administrator
Administrator

14915 Posts
Gratitude: 577
Very caringVery wiseI agree

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  13:55:50  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Dear Members,

If you have been treated with aripiprazole (Abilify) for your Schizophrenia, on the basis of your experience:
  • Would you recommend aripiprazole to other members for the treatment of their Schizophrenia?

• What were the adverse effects caused by aripiprazole? How severe were these side-effects?

• How much did one month's supply of aripiprazole cost?
Before you write your review, please use the Yes-No-Unsure buttons on the bottom of this post to indicate if you would recommend aripiprazole to other members.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

mae
Super Member (250+ posts)

992 Posts
Gratitude: 108

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  00:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I was on Abilify for about 5 years then I couldn't afford it and had to stop taking it. I was off of it for about 4 months and started having anxiety attacks so I went to my regular Doctor and she gave me 5 months free. The problem was that my symptoms got worse-voices, hullinacations, paranoia, loud clicking in my brain, so I went back to the Doctors and he said that my med (clonapham) that I have been taking was a strong dosesage and that the Abilify was probably starting to interfear with the balance that I had. I went off of the Abilify and the symptoms subsided.

mae
Go to Top of Page

mae

992 Posts
Gratitude: 108

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  01:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I sorry that was 5 weeks free of Abilify not 5 months. And if your wondering about my Doctors I see three of them, One male and two females. But not all at the same time. Which ever one of them is available to see me when I call and they usually see me with in an hour of my call.

mae
Go to Top of Page

Jet

654 Posts
Gratitude: 46

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  15:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I was on Ablify 4 about a yr it didnt work atall
I stopped taking all of it got psychosis v. quickly so must have been doing a bit
My man was on it, cured his psychosis
Different meds work 4 different people
love jet
Xxx

'Forget the pot, enjoy the rainbow'
Go to Top of Page

dipsey
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  14:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
im taking abilify at the moment, im not getting any major side effects, i feel better and want to stop but my docs dont want me stop, ive been taking them for 5 weeks now, when can someone stop taking them? the side effect i get, are shakiness, stiffness, lack of emotion.
Go to Top of Page

buttnose
Starting Member

28 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 07/29/2011 :  15:25:38  Show Profile  Visit buttnose's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have been on Abilify for 3-4 years now and it seems to work well for me. I used to get it free from the manufacturer now Medicare pays for it. If you don't have insurance it costs 600 a month or more for my dosage. The downfall is weight gain but it also helped me quit smoking so that could be part of the weight gain also. My two cents.

psych central sucks
Go to Top of Page

Medicated

925 Posts
Gratitude: 18

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  02:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am not sure if I would recommend Abilify to others. It was supposed to be weight-neutral but my doctor has told me that studies have come out since the initial promising ones saying that it is not weight-neutral. On the other hand, I think it has very few or minimal side effects. I have restlessness but it is not uncontrollable.

I do not pay for my Abilify as I am on some sort of program but a month's supply of 30 pills costs I believe around 200 dollars Cdn.
Go to Top of Page

gardener88
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  21:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I've only been on Abilify for 2 months, but thought I would share my experiences. I have schizophrenia and have been medicated for about 18 years; I'm 62 now. Risperidone was my former medication, and it suddenly quit working for some unknown reason. My doctor prescribed Abilify and I have many positive experiences, even with the side effects of nausea and a bit of pressure in my head. The side effects are diminishing more and more each day, and I am thrilled at my ability to engage in life again; even more so than when I was on Risperidone. I can certainly see why someone would not stay on this drug,as the nausea can be quite intense, but it does abate. I started on a very low dose of 2 mg once a day, which is very atypical of the dose usually prescribed. I am a firm believer in starting low, and gradually increasing if need be. Any questions are welcome.
Go to Top of Page

fleurette
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3282 Posts
Gratitude: 292
Very honest

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  07:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Here I am again back on aripiprazole after I had an adverse drug reaction to something else last year. Now I'm on a combination of this medication plus a low dose of loxapine.

The side effects I experience from the combination of the two are flattened or emotionless facial expression and restlessness but on a good night now I get a good 6-7 hours of sleep, which could be enough for that day.

The blunted effect I don't notice but others notice about me. The severity of the restlessness is controllable when others are around. Otherwise, I will do some pacing and stand more than sit down for long periods of time. The restless makes it so that I also sometimes need to go out for walks even when it's raining.

Go to Top of Page

dorothyhiggin
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  23:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Worked great on my son, but side effect of restless leg syndrome made it too annoying for him to continue to take.For more details visit here http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/aripiprazole.shtml
Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  23:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://audiobookkeeper.ru

Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  23:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://eyesvision.ru