Starting Member

31 Posts
Gratitude: 4

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  15:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Risperdal
Pronounced: RIS-per-dal
Generic name: Risperidone

Important fact about this drug:

Risperdal may cause tardive dyskinesia, a condition that causes involuntary muscle spasms and twitches in the face and body. This condition can become permanent and is most common among older people, especially women.

More common side effects may include:
Abdominal pain, abnormal walk, agitation, aggression, anxiety, chest pain, constipation, coughing, decreased activity, diarrhea, difficulty with orgasm, diminished sexual desire, dizziness, dry skin, erection and ejaculation problems, excessive menstrual bleeding, fever, headache, inability to sleep, increased dreaming, increased duration of sleep, indigestion, involuntary movements, joint pain, lack of coordination, nasal inflammation, nausea, overactivity, rapid heartbeat, rash, reduced salivation, respiratory infection, sleepiness, sore throat, tremor, underactive reflexes, urination problems, vomiting, weight gain

Less common side effects may include:
Abnormal vision, back pain, dandruff, difficult or labored breathing, increased saliva, sinus inflammation, toothache.
Go to Top of Page

pharmacistdan2005
Starting Member

31 Posts
Gratitude: 4

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  15:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Special warnings about this medication:

You should use Risperdal cautiously if you have kidney, liver, or heart disease, seizures, breast cancer, thyroid disorders, or any other diseases that affect the metabolism (conversion of food into energy and tissue). Use caution, too, if you've had a stroke or mini-strokes, suffer from fluid loss or dehydration, or expect to be exposed to extremes of temperature.

Be aware that Risperdal may mask signs and symptoms of drug overdose and of conditions such as intestinal obstruction, brain tumor, and Reye's syndrome (a dangerous neurological condition that may follow viral infections, usually occurring in children). Risperdal can also cause difficulty when swallowing, which in turn can cause a type of pneumonia.

Risperdal may cause Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), a condition marked by muscle stiffness or rigidity, fast heartbeat or irregular pulse, increased sweating, high fever, and high or low blood pressure. Unchecked, this condition can prove fatal. Call your doctor immediately if you notice any of these symptoms. Risperdal therapy should be discontinued.

This drug may impair your ability to drive a car or operate potentially dangerous machinery. Do not participate in any activities that require full alertness if you are unsure of your ability.

Risperdal can cause orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure when rising to a standing position), with dizziness, rapid heartbeat, and fainting, especially when you first start to take it. If you develop this problem, report it to your doctor. He can adjust your dose to reduce the symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

lisabean
Starting Member

34 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  17:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
and you forgot elavated prolacting wich causes breast swelling and lack of period i know had it for the frug thats what the endcrinolgist said
Go to Top of Page

andre hendriks
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  06:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
if the meds can produce uranation problems perhapes my psychiatrist is right that my pissing where not to and walking around naked and having verbale agressions isn't a dementie but indeed as he says comes from medication but i have my question marks with this
Go to Top of Page

powderdangell
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  13:03:17  Show Profile  Visit powderdangell's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
OH LORd i just started takeing this i suffer from panic attacks too and i dont here voices but have bad thoughts and lose of intrest in life, now im scared cuz the side affact causes anxity what do i do

Christina
Go to Top of Page

curiouscat
Full Member (100+ posts)

157 Posts
Gratitude: 19

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  16:02:56  Show Profile  Visit curiouscat's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
powerdangell im taking it and the risperdal isnt increasing my anxiety so it probably wont worsen yours either. For me im just wondering if risperdal will be effective enough for me but it isnt worsening my anxieties at all.
Go to Top of Page

shakur2
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  23:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I gained 20 kilos over 2-3 monthes from taking it so there is a weight gain side effect. as for anxiety i havnt really experienced that just mainly that it suppresses my bad thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Dboy
Starting Member

36 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  21:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My side effects from this medication:
-Fatigue
-Lactating out of both breasts
-Shorter period
-Constipation
Go to Top of Page

aspierob
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1119 Posts
Gratitude: 88

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  00:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My side effects : Constipation, Drooling , difficulty achieving orgasm

there is a fine line between genius and insanity , if you can learn to walk the line , you can rule the world .unfortunately i keep falling into the insanity side
Go to Top of Page

Dboy
Starting Member

36 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 10/14/2012 :  03:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have taken Risperidone for 2 years (on and off) and have come off of it completely recently. Before I came off, my doctor told me to get a blood test done. My blood test results were not great. The ALT levels in my liver are double what they should be. This isn't good. I'm wondering, could this be because of the Risperidone? Or is it more to do with diet and exercise? My blood tests always came out perfectly normal before I began this medication.
Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2021 :  08:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://audiobookkeeper.ru

Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2021 :  09:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://eyesvision.ru