Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

hercules21
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5726 Posts
Gratitude: 435
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  01:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Recently I have found myself being stressed on this med. I find myself stressing over crap that happened years ago. Like trying to have an argument and coming up with things I should have said to someone over something that is long since passed.

This happens more on occassions when I am late taking my meds.

This never happened on olanzapine. With olanzapine I was fatter by happier.
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3701 Posts
Gratitude: 361
Very caring

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  00:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Hercules,

It seems like after all this time of working on drugs, there should just be one almost perfect one. Instead, it is a trade off of the benefits vs the side effects, and even more, what side effects can you live with?!

I had been wondering what was different with you for the last few days. From my end, you seem a bit different. But, it sounds like a toss up between the side effects from the new med, the insomnia (which may also be a side effect), and/or your worry over 'something in the past'. Have you told your p-doc what you are experiencing?

Hope you get it worked out. And, hope you are feeling better soon.
Sending good thoughts your way my friend. Hang in there.

, Leigh

Everyday is a winding road...
Go to Top of Page

hercules21

5726 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  02:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi FLM,

Thank you for your well wishes. I have made a longer response under SZ social. Check it out there.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1773 Posts
Gratitude: 268

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  02:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I've been reading a lot in the hopes of getting a more balanced perspective on all of this. I have to switch drugs there's no alternative at this point, I'm experiencing what I fear might be the onset of TD and I'm obese because of this drug. I'm also finding very lately that I'm starting to have suicidal thoughts (though not strong enough for me to act on them) and I'm finding that I'm angry all the time. I'm not sure if this last one is a bi-product of my medication or a result of feeling that I'm losing controll of my life.

my side effects that I've felt I could live with for so long are beginning to feel overwhelming, particularly since I am becoming increasingly aware of things like involuntary tongue and hand movements that seem nearly constant.

I can't lower the dose I'm on because at lower doses my illness creeps back in, I feel paranoid and experience delusional thoughts.

My shrink reccomended Geodon and in reading up on it there's no middle ground, there's all the clinical trials and studies like CATIE which examine the drug from the perspective of the clinician with no apparent regard for the experiences of the individuals who have to take the drugs and then there's the web communities like this one where people on the drug talk about what they went through and that's mostly negative and quite frightening.

I have to wait ten days before I can see my doctor again but I know that by that time I have to have this sorted out so I can begin switching medications asap because I'm terrified of my side effects becoming permanent. One previous medication ruined my eyesight probably for life, I can live with that, I don't know how I'll adjust to losing a degree of control over my tongue and I'd rather not find out.

what other medications should I look up?

Since my diagnosis I've been on Respiradal, Olanzapine, Fluphenthixol, Clopixol, and Seroquel.

I've xposted this to Schizophrenia General Topics

Anarchy and Peace
Go to Top of Page

hercules21

5726 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  01:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi

Not ignoring Chris' post as we discussed this in general some time ago.

Just wanted to add to this thread - for whatever reason I am still anxious but my stress over the past - knock on wood - has dissipated over the past two weeks. It reduced as soon as I stopped eating candy about 2 months ago. But it has really gone away over the past two weeks. No thoughts about the past at all.
If the slightly anxious feeling I have (just at night time) would go away I would be even happier.
Go to Top of Page

Chris

1773 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  00:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
That's really good to hear herc I'm recently feeling quite fidgety on geodon, I'm two days to being weaned from Seroquel but my feet won't stop moving, I tap them constantly when I'm not in motion like biking ot walking but I can't sit still. I've got an appointment with my doc on Monday so I'm not too worried but I'm wondering if this is going to be an adjustment up or an adjustment down. If it's down I think I'll finally learn what this withdrawal stuff is all about. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, how long did you feel the withdrawal after adjusting down?

Anarchy and Peace
Go to Top of Page

Chris

1773 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  01:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
wow today I acted like a total jerk for most of the day and right before I took my evening dose I was very close to picking a fight with someone. I think I need to cut back and maybe talk with my doctor about this. I was really anxious today and then I was hyper and tired at the same time and couldn't sleep or sit still, it sort of got better but then I was very edgy all day especially right before I took my night time dose. what's up with this?

Anarchy and Peace
Go to Top of Page

Chris

1773 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  01:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
feeling better today but I'm going to have to be a lot more timely with my doses I can't take this in the same relaxed but consistent way I took Seroquel

Anarchy and Peace
Go to Top of Page

hercules21

5726 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  00:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Chris,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Just noticed today.
I guess your situation is complicated by the fact you are withdrawing from seroquel at the same time. I once came off seroquel without tapering it and ended up with a speech problem. But in your case you have been doing it slowly so I guess it is probably the geodon that is causing this.

I have read other posts about people getting anxious right before their dose. And then feeling fine 1/2 hour later. Both Abilify and Geodon are supposed to be meds that can rev you up a bit and sometimes result in anxiety. I have experienced agitation on geodon so I could see someone feeling a bit aggressive on this med.

I hope you and your doctor can figure out the right dose of geodon for you. I think the side effects are dose dependent so maybe this can be alleviated by you going down slightly in dose. But that is for you and your doctor to discuss.

How is your sleep?

Go to Top of Page

Chris

1773 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  01:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
sleep is better thanks for asking. I talked with my shrink about the other problems: fidgeting constantly, akathisia, aggressiveness he doesn't want to lower my dose but doesn't want to raise it either we're going to see if in another couple of months this doesn't sort itself out. I still have Seroquel in my system and was on Benztropine for anxiety while on Seroquel I just stopped taking the Benztropine today hopefully as the drug *****tail in my body changes my symptoms will too. I'll tell you one thing though, for a convicted pacifist being fighty really sucks. I don't like walking around wanting to beat people up especially when I know it's the pills. ugh.

Anarchy and Peace
Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  11:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://cottagenet.ru/plan/84

Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  11:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic