Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

huron
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  02:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am bipolar and was prescribed seroquel for sleep, it worked well at 25 mg. but caused somnolence which made it difficult to function at work in the beginning.
My reaction now, however, is to have insomnia after one week on this medication. I have a similar reaction to benadryl.
Is there some connection, does anyone else have this problem?
Will an increase in my dosage cause sleep assistance to return or will I continue to have sleep problems as my body adjusts to increased dosages?
Any comments/suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

adam
Super Member (250+ posts)

475 Posts
Gratitude: 20

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  06:15:15  Show Profile  Visit adam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
just in my case, i had the same thing happen with me but i was on lexapro at the same time. i was cleaning everyting in the house, i don;t remember if i was sleep deprived or not though. just alot of hyperactivity.
Go to Top of Page

huron
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  06:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am on Wellbutrin, perhaps it is a side effect sometimes with antidepressants.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

brid
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  21:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
[Hello my name is Bridget,my doctor just prescribe me Quetiapine (Seroquel) i am just with lost of anxiety and obssesion.. he told meto star with HALF of 25 grams a night for a week and then 25 mg, whay should i expect with that half of 25mg? vertigo? nausea? heart beats? too sleepy? dizzy? anxiuous? he said the dose he is giving me is very low that i shouldnt feel any of that,please help so i knos exactly what to expect..thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page

backwoodsrose
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  14:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have been on Seroquel and Remeron for about 6 years. I initially started on a very high dose of both--200 mg Seroquel. I was a zombie for the first 2 years. If I didn't get 9-10 hours of sleep, I would wake up dizzy and so nauscious that I couldn't function. I also lost some creativity. Eventually though, I got used to the meds and they quit making me sleepy. I also lowered my dose about 1-2 ago and my creativity has come back. I think the side effects are worth the benefits of living a normal life.
Go to Top of Page

HDLadyRider06
Starting Member

9 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  22:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi, I'm Cynthia. I hated Seroquel. I felt like a walking zombie 24/7. I stopped it and have refused to take it since them ( as is my legal right). I must say though that my daughter began taking it about a year ago and she is much improved. She takes a high dose (200 mg. nightly). Her body has adjusted and she is doing much better. I guess it just depends on the person. My body seems to react oppositely than the average person to most meds. Such as: I can take nightime Nyquil and I am totally wired all night long. Give me Lorcet/Percoset; you may as well give me a hit of acid ( I came up in the 70's). Oh well, as you can see there is the productive side to Seroquil and the non-productive. It just depends on the individual.
Go to Top of Page

Herspirit
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  04:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I just started taking 25 mg of Seroquel on Tuesday after being on Risperdal (that really screwed me up). On Thursday I went up to 50 mg. I guess I took it a little too early yesterday (6:00 pm) because we went out for dinner and I was falling asleep in my dinner! I was a zombie! Then I couldn't sleep this morning and got up with my husband at 4 am. I had gone to bed about 9-9:30 or so. I guess that's not too bad. I just will have to remember to take it later.

I've been really depressed and self-injurious. I really hate myself. My marriage has been suffering but we're working on it. We just started seeing a marriage counselor. I'm just not thinking positively.

Hopefully this drug change will help me to start thinking better and clearer.

Go to Top of Page

Jayster
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2021 Posts
Gratitude: 159

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
A Cautionary Note to HerSpirit.

I take Seroquel. I have taken Seroquel for greater than a year. I am happy to have this medicine included in all the other ones I take.

Seroquel is notorious for causing relapse.

It seems the previous drug gets out of the system before the Seroquel starts working. I hope you still have some Risperdal, and I hope you get permission from your doctor to take Risperdal again as a PRN should the symptoms of schizophrenia start to flair up.

Sincerely,

Jayster
Go to Top of Page

fleurette

3282 Posts
Gratitude: 292
Very honest

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  13:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I also had a relapse on sereoquel. my doctor said when the CPS (Compendium of pharmaceuticals and specialties) listed the dosage that year (given to them by the manufactor) it was too low . so the dose he gave me was too low. i never tried a higher dosage, just swtiched to something else. it wasn't until later, he realized that it was too low of a dose. althought i do not remember how much i was on. sorry.

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."
Mary Wilson Little
Go to Top of Page

Vickytoria
Super Member (250+ posts)

524 Posts
Gratitude: 138

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  12:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
i took seroquel in between my old med piportil and the what was to be, supposedly, a longterm solution, zyprexa. The gov't wouldn't let me get zyprexa without trying at least 2 different atypicals at that time (1998ish). Seroquel didn't improve my symptoms; I was going through suicidal thoughts and was quite histronic; I tried it for a little while probably about 2 weeks and then switched to risperdal. That didn't work very well...it didn't help me in my ideation and also my executive functioning. Then I tried Zyprexa and I was in love with life. 60lbs later I was put on Sulpiride, got very reclusive and slightly delusional, and was put on loxapine. On loxapine I became lucid but very depressed. then The good pdoc added fluanxol, thinking that it was a better drug, and discovered with the suggestions from my mother that two aps were better than one when it came to my case. So after a brief attempt on just fluanxol, the Pdoc put me on both. It's helped be stay lucid and functional and often optimistic. I have lost much of my humor though and have become more competitive. I enjoy people less. I wish sometimes I could just operate in a cubicle for life. that's what i seem to do even when i'm around people. put on them blinkers.

I'm optimistic about what I can do with my life, but I don't particularly like people. maybe it's a phase i'm going through. Or maybe it's the meds...i don't know.

"To comprehend the nectar
Requires sorest need."
--Emily Dickinson
Go to Top of Page

Chunkybeefsoup

2353 Posts
Gratitude: 412
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  12:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The meds might not be working that well. I know that when I isolate myself from others, it's a sign that something isn't right. I would say that almost all people want companionship, with varying degrees, of course. It's when something bad happens to us or we're not feeling well that we tend to not want to see or hear other people. I know because for the last couple of years, not including this one, I've wanted to just stay at home and not socialize. Not that things are looking chippy, I can't wait to go to work and socialize with everyone. Things always look bright when my meds are working. Hope this helps, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

greek116
Full Member (100+ posts)

162 Posts
Gratitude: 11

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  19:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
When I took it I had so many weird reactions I stopped.
Go to Top of Page

amywynn
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  11:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have been on 1200 mg of Seroquel, 300 mg of Wellbutrin and 20 mg of Celexa for over a year. I have no energy, no creativity, and have gained upwards of 25+ pounds and that is WITH having a lap band (gastic surgery for weight loss). I am so depressed because of my weight. I am a walking zombie, it takes every ounce of energy to just get through my day at work. I don't cook or clean - I just exist and take up space. I do have my family back so it's a hard trade off.
Go to Top of Page

greek116
Full Member (100+ posts)

162 Posts
Gratitude: 11

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  21:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
WOW! 1200 MG! I only had about 400 MG!
Go to Top of Page

bill123
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  09:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am on 100 mg a day and can barely stay awake. How long does this last and what happens if I stop taking it? I have only been on it for 2 wks
Go to Top of Page

bill123
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Please Help
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday