Posted - 02/28/2015 : 17:04:20
| 1 medium onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
200g lean lamb mince
1 tbsp olive oil
400g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
200g closed cup mushrooms sliced
1 peppers, any colour chopped
200g macaroni (any pasta shape is fine)
What to do:
1. Mix some of the chopped onion and garlic with the mince. Shape the
mince into small balls about half the size of a golf ball.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs on all
sides. Remove and put onto a plate.
3. Add the remaining onion to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
until soft. Add the remaining garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, mushrooms and peppers to the
pan with 150ml water. Bring to the boil, then add the meatballs. Reduce
the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. About 10 minutes before serving, put the pasta on to cook in plenty
of boiling water. Serve with the meatballs and tomato sauce.
1. Try using turkey mince as a lower fat alternative to lamb.
2. Add a grated carrot or courgette to the meatball mixture to make them
go a bit further, and to add more vegetables.
3. Serve with wholegrain brown rice as an alternative to pasta, though
remember that it takes 25-30 minutes to cook.
recipe for 2-4
Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a subtle lack of togetherness.