New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flint
Full Member (100+ posts)

109 Posts
Gratitude: 21

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  09:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello everybody/anybody,
I am extremelely interested in what childhood schizophrenia was like.
Because I think I may of had it. If someone had it and is comfortably enough to talk about I would really be interested in your experiences with childhood schizophrenia.
Go to Top of Page

Chunkybeefsoup
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2353 Posts
Gratitude: 412
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  14:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey there Flint. I believe that I've had schizoaffective disorder ever since I was born. I've always had an awkwardness about myself and it is evident from my first memories. I remember making weird contorted faces in front of the camera and I was always in some sort of trouble. On the outside I appeared normal enough, but inside, I was confused, depressed and felt unlikeable. I felt this ever since I was born. Also, my parents may have had something to do with it as they were not a happy couple when my mom was pregnant with me. I'm so sure that she would've had an abortion had it not have been too late. Throughout my childhood, I've been very sensitive to everything. I know that my parents love me, but I feel sometimes that my mom wished that I wasn't born. She could've had a different life if I were aborted. Anyhoo, this is disturbing me quite a bit, so I'm going to stop. Flint, I think that I've had schizoaffective all my life. It just didn't come out that strong until my early 20's. Love, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Flint
Full Member (100+ posts)

109 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  11:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello chunkybeefsoup,
I't sounds like you had a pretty rough childhood.
I too had a rough time when I was a kid. eg. physical and verbal abuse within my family.
I think You're a very strong/confident women to be able to write about these problems and share them with the community.
Go to Top of Page

Chunkybeefsoup
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2353 Posts
Gratitude: 412
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  13:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks Flint. I value your friendship. I know that we haven't known each other for very long, but we get along very well. I sure didn't have much fun at work before, but since you came on board, I've smiled and laughed a lot more. I'm sorry about all the physical and emotional abuse that you've been through. I know how you feel. I hope that you know that you can talk to me. Love, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Flint
Full Member (100+ posts)

109 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  11:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks Cindy
Go to Top of Page

jane_m

67 Posts
Gratitude: 27

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  14:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have no memory of 5th grade except for a voice telling me to take cigarettes and to smoke them and having uncontrollable anger. I stomped my sister in the stomach and she had to go to the hospital because she started to bleed. She was laying on the floor in front of the television and she won't let me watch my television show. I weigh 60 pounds so I had to have done it with allot of force. They didn't do anything to me because I couldn't do that much damage. I did poor in school that year and was usually a B+ average. In 6th grade I was fine.
Go to Top of Page

skye 2008
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  16:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
u didn't have true schizophrenia. what u have is manic-depressive bipolar schizoeffective type. u have no idea about a true schiz. sorry .
Go to Top of Page

Linden_Rose
Full Member (100+ posts)

177 Posts
Gratitude: 57

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  18:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello Flint. I think that I have had symptoms of schizophrenia since my childhood. I was in occupational therapy when I was about seven years old because I was extremely sensitive to noises was quite clumsy. I was painfully shy and lived in my own fantasy world. Later on, in my preteen years, this fantasy world became more and more real and evolved into hallucinatory expreiences and paranoid delusuions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 25594
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0