Quetiapine (Seroquel)
 Seroquel- chest / kidney pain, insomnia, and possi

New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevington
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2013 :  17:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
[font=Arial][I like to make a public account of my expereience with seroquel or / quetiapine. To be as frank as possible this drug should only be used as your last resort as the negatives far out weigh the positives in my opinion. I took this drug to treat my mild to moderate tactile hallucinations which developed from extreme stress earlier in 2013. I took 25mg of seroquel (50mg cut in half) for about 2 weeks and then I took a full tablet of 50 mg of seroquel for another 2 weeks and then because of the side effects of mild kindey/liver pain plus mild heart pain i began to taper off the drug for another 2 weeks taking about 15mg of seroquel. I'm a 34 year old male pretty athletic and i was really suprised that i was getting all this liver, heart discomfort while on the drug. Also i noticed my jogging routine was out the window as i would be very very short of breath after running a few yards. As a result of not being able to exercise effectively i would be slowly gaining weight. Another thing i experienced while taking seroquel/quetipine was not being able to take any muilti-vitamins !!! Every time i took a multi vitamin i would be SUPER Lethargic and extremely sleepy !!! Whatever the drug does it really screws up your body chemistry BIG TIME !!!! And no amount of espresso shots or red bull drinks would be able to snap me awake from these heavy drowsy episodes i would have every time i took a multi vitamin so i had to cut that out from my diet. Also when i drank carrot juice i would also become super sleepy as well. It seems like my body could not metabolize vitamin A while on Seroquel. I mean do you kinda see the picture here ??? Poor exercising, healthy diet taking a hit, and gaining weight wasn't worth taking this drug. I mean to the drug's credit the single positive was that it did lessen my tactitle hallucinations by 85%. And i think if i went on a bigger dose and went on it longer it would stop the tactile hallucinations 100%. But i have read several accounts once you stop taking the drug the tactile hallucinations comes back. So in short seroquel is just a band-aid. And a band-aid to mask the problem isn't worth all the downsides of the drug. So I searched for alternative means to deal with my tactile hallucinations. But before i get that i like to share that All told i was one seroquel for about 1 month and a half. And then the awful withdrawls happen !!! i had to deal with the horrid INSOMNIA !!!! Christ Almighty the insomnia was just horrible !!!! I had insomnia for about 1 month straight !!!! And that is taking this drug on low dose !!! The insomnia really really set my life back BIG TIME !!! I mean it was just wicked !!!! I did everything known to Man to end the insomnia. I took coconut oil during the day, melatonin at night with warm milk and honey, and read books endlessly. Not a Wink !!!!!! The only way i was able to get somewhat of a decent sleep was by drinking Nyquil PM. And that worked for about 3 or 4 days until my body adapted to that and the insomnia returned. So yah it was a real REAL rough ride dealing with the insomnia for almost 4 weeks. Just pure hell !!!! Aside from that withdrawal i also got the itches. Like my feet would be itching alot or sometimes my calves every day or every other day. I was able to keep that at bay by doing pushups and situps. I noticed when i exercised for 10 or 15min the itching would stop. The amazing thing is I have stopped taking seroquel for about 2 months now and i still get random itching every once in awhile though mild compared to what i used to get. My body chemistry as of today being 2 months seroquel free i say is pretty much back to normal. I can take a multi vitamin without much problem and my exercising routine is good. I still get tactile hallucinations but i would say there are more mild now. I have been able to treat my tactile hallucinations by taking b-12, b complex "50", magnesium, and alot alooooooooot of praying. Having a loving supportive family is also a HUGE PLUS !!! I would say i'm more religious now and try follow all of god's laws as best as i can. I feel spirituality is curing my tactile hallucinations slowly but surely. Also ENERGY HEALING has done IMMENSE HELP !!!! Not accupuncture or yoga. Google up energy healing and see for yourself. It has been my experience that Energy Healing practioners vary some are better than others. And yes it cost money (about as much as a dental visit) and yes it takes 3 or 5 visits but the results can not be denied !!!!!!!! i have been seeing a persian energy healer his website is www.hptv.net My tactile hallucinations are much more mild with the help of this gentleman and i feel with continued religious observance, and energy healing i will be 100% cured. Believe me this is so much better than taking Seroquel !!!! Anyhow, this has been the totality of my experience i hope others will gain something useful by reading my post. -peace to you all/font=Arial]
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24317 Posts
Gratitude: 1887
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/29/2013 :  06:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
welcome kevington

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page