New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

bennymaxwell
Starting Member

4 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  23:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Pfizer's Harry R. Howard, John A. Lowe III, Arthur A. Nagel (Retired) for the development of Geodon®, an antipsychotic for the treatment of schizophrenia that has an improved side effect profile relative to other antipsychotics in clinical use.

This is the man responsible for all our suffering. Seek him out and force feed him some of his own poison. He should burn in hell.

bennymaxwell
Go to Top of Page

jggd1
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  13:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I just stopped taking 20 mg of geodon 3 days ago that was prescribed for my depersonilization disorder. I was only on the drug 2 weeks and it has been complete. hell. I lowered the dose from 60 to 40 then to 20 and got off 3 days ago. With each lowering, the diconnected feeling, sense of unreality, loss of time, horrible thoughts in my head, and depression and constant panick attacks would get worse. I feel a little better today. but definately not right. Does anyone know how long it takes to rebound from this hellish state?
Go to Top of Page

Louiesland
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  18:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I've been on 160 mg. of geodon at bedtime since august.
I take cogentin with it also. I started taking jusy 80 mg. a few nights ago, then i stopped completly. I'm a bit restless...but not to bad. The side effects of being on the geodon are 10 times as worse. I'm staying on my lexapro 20 mg. and my klonopin 1 mg. 3 times a day. i see a therapist once a month.

lou
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  05:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I was on Geodon 20mg in morn and 20 at night until it was upped to 40mg morn and night. My therpaist told me to stop taking nightly dose for a week and then quite totally. Yesterday was the first day I quite totally and I ended up in the hospital. The prior week I have been an emotional wreck, fine one minute and crying uncontrollably the next and not sleeping at all while my 2 year old and 5 year old watched. Last night I got the shakes in my legs really bad and coudln't sleep once again. I got sick to my stomach. I finally opened up on of my 40's and took maybe a 1/4 of it just to sleep and get my legs to stop shaking. Surprise surprise I finally got some sleep. If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know and also how long the sypmtoms of withdrawal lasted. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts
Gratitude: 6

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  09:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi MistyDay,

I too went through what your going through. It is NOT fun!! I stopped almost a month ago and still don't feel 100%. It seems to take about a week and 1/2 to get through all the bad stuff from this drug from hell. I will NEVER again take it. I was on 20's morn and night for only a month. Stopped the night one and the withdrawals started. All you can do is TRY to relax and tell yourself it WILL get better. I figured since I was already feeling like **** I would stop it all. Sometimes I still get really nervous and the flushing feeling throughout my body but I know this is better than GEODON!!! Take care and I hope this helps!
Daffygirl
(Laurie)
Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi,
One more thing I remembered...I took Advil about 5 hours and drank lots of water while holding the couch down. It seemed to help with the leg shakes.
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  13:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Daffygirl, thanks so much for your honest answer and support. I am just at the beginning of this journey and all I can pray is that it passes quickly so that I can take care of my 2 sons. Thanks for the advice about the leg shakes. Unfortunately my psych put me on Depakote so I can't take advil. I really am doubting my whole diagnosis of bipolar 2 at all. Everything she has put me on has been hell and now I am going through hell getting off of it. I am getting a new psych asap. I know that I have a severe depression problem but have not had any clear cut hypomanic episodes. Just irritability. (Which is normal with a 5 year old and a 2 year old). Did this med make you an emotional wreck also? I have crying jags like crazy and then they go away. Not sure if I should take the tiny bit again to get to sleep tonight or if I should try to get it out of my system as quickly as possible. The panic attacks really suck too. At least I have clonapin to help with that. I hope you feel better soon too!
Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi,
Yep I had panic attacks, nervous days, the whole nine yards. Emotionally I was what you are. I cried too...ALOT!! I tried the Depakote, didn't like that either. I have Klonopin but didn't take it. If you can get away from Geodon completely, it would be the best thing for you. ( my opinion) Sleep will come. I take 50 mil of Serequel at night. I doubt my disorder too, so I decided to do none of that stuff. Started it for being grouchy (go figure) I take a small Xanax once in awhile if needed. I know this is hard but I know you will feel better...BE STRONG!! Emotional support from friends and family helps too if you feel like telling them. Hope your doing better and sorry I din't respond sooner. Take care!!
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  13:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks Laurie. I did quit it alltogether as of Friday night when I took about a fourth of some. I have finally been sleeping but still a wreck emotionally. I have always had a depression problem and my primary doc put me on an antidepressant so I just need to make it through the next couple of weeks till it starts kickin in. Still don't have my appetite back yet and lost 12 lbs. At least I cried less today than I did yesterday. Every little thing counts. My primary doc can't believe she put me on the stuff and thinks her diagnosis is incorrect. He also couldn't believe she put me on Geodon before trying other methods due to the fact it has so many potential side affects. I hope others read these posts and use this medicine as a last resort and get a second opinion if doubting a diagnosis.

Misty
Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  14:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I'm so glad you stopped!! I really feel that specific med should be banned. It's horrible and it does bad things to good people. I still don't have my appetite back and have lost 10 pounds. Isn't it amazing? I hate that drug!! I hope your new anti-depressant helps you. I hope to continue to not take anything. See my children are older (26 & 21) and I have a new grandbaby on the way and want to be healthy for when our new baby arrives. Stay in touch and let me know you are doing. I too hope people reads these posts. I know how it feels and lifelines out there are great!! Take care Misty...one day at a time.
Laurie
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  05:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Laurie,
Thanks so much for the support. I don't know if I would have made it without having someone telling me that they did it too. It has been very tough. Thanks again!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  17:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Well, it has been a week today and the withdrawal affects have started to subside. That was the worst experience ever and I seriously hope that anyone reading this and considering going on geodon to please think about it long and hard. It was the worst experience of my life and made me a wreck. I couldn't take care of my two sons for a whole week. I also think this medicine should come with a warning label if not be banned alltogether.
Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  13:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Misty,

Glad to hear you are doing better!!! I agree with you about Geodon being banned or having a HUGE WARNING label on it. Horrible drug!! I hope you continue to feel better as that's what all of us want.
Laurie
Go to Top of Page

MistyDay
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  03:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Laurie
Just a question for you. You said after a month you still don't feel 100%. What symptoms are you having? I am still having trouble sleeping past 3:30 or 4:30. It is really a pain and I still have a lot of anxiety in the mornings. I also quit the depakote after tapering down. I certainly haven't gone manic like my therapist kept saying would happen. Still really down. :( Hope it passes soon. I think the bipolar is the illness of the year and people may be overdiagnosing it.
Go to Top of Page

daffygirl
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  09:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey girl,

I've had TONS of nervousness, anxiety and flushing. The anxiety (nervousness) is especially bad in the mornings. My therapist told me I was having an "anxiety reaction" Which to me makes sense. You never said how long you were on geodon. I can only explain the flushing as warm or hot feeling in my arms and legs from the inside out. It's bothersome but that's about all. Like I said I took a small xanax (.25) and that helped my anxiety. My doctor also told me some people have anxiety about having anxiety. LOL I told her that's me. You just have to think positive because it will pass. I haven't had any episodes either, (thank God) I still look at one day at a time. As for sleeping I still take 50 mil of Seroquel. If I didn't I'm sure I wouldn't sleep. Sleeping is the most important part. I've realized that geodon stays in the brain for quite awhile. Your not alone in this bump in road as I call it. It will get better and so will you!! I hope this helps and if you need anything else....don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help you.
Laurie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 25594
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0