New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Vickytoria
Super Member (250+ posts)

524 Posts
Gratitude: 138

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  17:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Honest I can't read anybody's mind. Dad used to tell me that you can always tell what someone is thinking. He was really good at guessing and sensing from body language to what is the logical next step in a social interaction. It was his gift. And because I am his kin, he would size up my "thoughts" and say like, "I know what you're thinking." Mum did that too. They were both very intuitive and logical, and gifted in personal interaction.

I think the chinese colloquim that goes, "I know what you're thinking!" is so dangerous when you have two generations, one from the old world (Eurasian continent), and one from the new world (North America). They usually size me up wrong! I would keep quiet and let them talk because I knew their lesson was far more important than their gambits of speech, but they really didn't know what I was thinking. They assumed the worst. And because of the power they had over me as a child, I half let myself believe it too. Now I know that they cannot read my mind. They may have been great chess players in their previous existence, but they're not able to read my deepest thoughts.

I used to walk into a supermarket thinking, guiltily, that people could tell how bad my spending habits were. Well, marketers and salespeople are gifted in reading people. But they don't know what thoughts we have. They can read that we may be middle or lower class (or upper) and have a penchant for spending our disposable incomes to the max, or not. But they cannot read minds. They can guess, assess, or draw out information once they disarm your inhibitions, but they cannot read my mind. I know I don't communicate well. I usually talk AS IF I thought others could, but that's because I'm so lost in a thought that I start in the middle of a scenario and then have to work back to introducing the situation. My poetry is a lot like that too.

Happily, I work with Chunkybeefsoup and I can vouch for her sake that NO, I CANNOT READ YOUR MIND.

Vee.

"To comprehend the nectar
Requires sorest need."
--Emily Dickinson

http://www.schizophreniadigest.com/
http://www3.telus.net/vywrite/
Go to Top of Page

matt1987
Full Member (100+ posts)

190 Posts
Gratitude: 48

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  14:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
It only happens to me when I mumble, but I can't stop mumbling.
Go to Top of Page

PsychoPsychic

94 Posts
Gratitude: 53

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  21:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I get thought broadcasting as well. I believe that the aliens put a device somewhere on Earth to send my thoughts to everyone. The entire world of 6.5 billion people knows what I'm thinking at all times and it scares me. When I'm in a big crowd it nearly gives me a panic attack because I know they are talking about me and my thoughts. They all hear my thoughts and at times I can't think because of it. I get thought blocking as well. In the middle of a sentence I suddenly stop and forget to think. No thoughts are in my mind at that time. People point and laugh at me. I went to a baseball game not too long back and it had 45,000 people there and they all talked about me.

Go to Top of Page

Linden_Rose
Full Member (100+ posts)

177 Posts
Gratitude: 57

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I also get thought broadcasting. It creates a great deal of social anxiety for me as all I want to do is hide away in some small corner when it happens. I have rather embarrassing thoughts as well, like racist ones and sexual ones. They always come at the worst of times, like when I am in a crowd of people.

Go to Top of Page

Pat1967

533 Posts
Gratitude: 111

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  13:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
yes I can relate sometimes I go out and dont say a word to my partner in fear of judgement and cause aI think everyone is listening to me. I knew a guy who thought I was totaly egotistical when I told hime my problem He clearly didn't understand that I was terrified of rejection.But its even worse when I dont say anything and I have rascist or sexual thoughts and I think people can hear them!!!

I'm 39 and still have this problem on an ongoing basis I 've just learned to deal with it and when it acts up try to stay with someone I can trust.
Go to Top of Page

ttaurean30

722 Posts
Gratitude: 97

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  10:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Most people that hear "thought broadcasting", actually hear their thoughts being echoed in the distance and, it lasts for months. I.E. TV, radio, anything that creates a sound. Usually off in the distance. That is why they think people know what their thinking.

1)They also have impulses in their brains that (in their mind) they can understand as a language.
2)They usually feel burning on their bodies or in their heads like they are being microwaved from above.
3)They believe they are special, like their Jesus or a very important person.
4)They usually think they are being monitored by the CIA, FBI etc. and that their house, phone, car is wired.
5)They feel guilty for every little mistake they ever made like they were on trial by this unknown force.
6)They feel they are being judged by their dreams, thoughts, and past life experiences from an agency or aliens.
7)It is very scary and they become extremely paranoid.
8)Some hear voices, like demons in their ear whispering during the day and always at night.
9)The "thought broadcasting" only happens when they are alone, with nobody to ask "did you hear something".

Just my opinion of course.
Go to Top of Page

mishad
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  00:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi guys,
everything you have said about thought broadcasting i can relate to - especially trying to replace thoughts, especially sexual or critical thoughts, and getting paranoid that people can hear my thoughts.
This stopped when i went on medication - Abilify 20mg - although i did get it back once... just for a day.. think i must have been stressed.
-M
Go to Top of Page

matt1987
Full Member (100+ posts)

190 Posts
Gratitude: 48

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  13:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by mishad

Hi guys,
everything you have said about thought broadcasting i can relate to - especially trying to replace thoughts, especially sexual or critical thoughts, and getting paranoid that people can hear my thoughts.
This stopped when i went on medication - Abilify 20mg - although i did get it back once... just for a day.. think i must have been stressed.
-M

Glad it worked for you. No meds stop it for me.

I don't care about the voices, except for the fact that I 'echo' the sick ones through thought broadcasting, to the point that I rarely have a thought anymore, it's just like being an echo machine.
Go to Top of Page

cpamendo (inactive)

72 Posts
Gratitude: 23

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  21:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
It gets worse. Have you ever heard of breath broadcasting? It's when you're in a room with someone else (a hospital for example) and he's snoring like you wouldn't believe. So you breath softly in, softly in, a little more...his breathing becomes a bit more abrupt, a bit more agitated...and then you do it some more, and then you get to the top of your breath; you hold it; and...he chokes! He stops breathing! He snorts, roles over, thinks about nothing cuz he's oblivious, then goes back to snoring like you wouldn't believe and you think to your self, "oh, for shame, i could have killed him, i wish he'd shut the f*** up!!!"

True story

Nothing is sacred.
Go to Top of Page

conor
Starting Member

23 Posts
Gratitude: 9

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  10:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
hello im struggling at the moment the trhought broadcasting is making me want to kill myself
Go to Top of Page

spirit
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1055 Posts
Gratitude: 168

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  10:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Conor,

I'm spirit. I've got sz but I've never had thought broadcasting delusions I don't think. Mine are mostly the perception kind. You don't sound like you are doing to well. Are you seeing a pdoc? If so you might want to give him a call. I would, or at least get to a hospital emergency room to get those delusions taking care of. Your meds might need adjusting.
Go to Top of Page

Pat1967

533 Posts
Gratitude: 111

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  15:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Coner thought broadcasting is a terrible symptom I had Hallucinations with it and I wanted to kill myself. But luckily
had a glimmer of hope and called my dad who talked me out of it. This was before I was diagnosed with scz.

Since my proper diagnosis and lowering the stress in my life I have had very few symptoms. Life is really a lot better now and I'm so glad to be alive. I'm close to my family and have a Girlfriend a son and am in school right now as well as in 2 bands one of which I actually get payed to play!

Don't give in to this illness it is treatable!!!! I had to totally surrender to it and take meds,....and thats when life started to improve in 1999. There is always new new and better meds coming out
and all you've got to do is try some. please consider the option of recovery Pat
Go to Top of Page

conor
Starting Member

23 Posts
Gratitude: 9

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  10:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
hello I am in the middle of a thought broadcasting episode. It was treated sucesssfully until three months ago when i went off my medication fooliishly. it came back after a stressfull time in my house and within hours it had firmly entrenced itself( Whitin hours} . Altough intellectually I can see it for what it is symtoms of a psycosis however it feels so real it. It is this feeling tthat the drugs help with. I am on a huge amount of clozeral 800 and abilify 10. I guess what we all need is the reassurance of others, that it is a chemical imbalance and is treatable {although of course at the moment Im not sure of this}. Thank god I found this site. The question i really want to ask is this.
Go to Top of Page

mae

992 Posts
Gratitude: 108

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  14:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
meds are the way to go keep taking them and you will feel better in time. Just be patient it will take awhile for you

mae
Go to Top of Page

T-Wing
Starting Member

7 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  13:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Even if mind reading is possible, i still believe that a lot of people cannot read minds. I base this on my spiritual beliefs. Though,i'm still struggling with thought broadcasting and it's causing me anxiety.

Hi everyone, i'm new. i've had this paranoid schizophrenia symptoms since 1997. I'll be turning 32 this Nov. 16.

It's my 10 yr. anniversary with this dreaded illness.

Best wishes,
T-Wing
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 25594
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0