Starting Member

31 Posts
Gratitude: 4

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  15:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Seroquel
Pronounced: SER-oh-kwell
Generic name: Quetiapine fumarate

Important fact about this drug:

Seroquel may cause tardive dyskinesia--a condition characterized by uncontrollable muscle spasms and twitches in the face and body. This problem can be permanent, and appears to be most common among older adults, especially women.

More common side effects may include:
Abdominal pain, constipation, diminished movement, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, excessive muscle tone, headache, indigestion, low blood pressure, nasal inflammation, neck rigidity, rapid heartbeat, rash, tremor, uncontrollable movements, weakness

Less common side effects may include:
Back pain, cough, difficulty breathing, difficulty speaking, ear pain, fever, flu, loss of appetite, palpitations, sore throat, sweating, swelling, weight gain

Rare side effects may include:
Abnormal dreams, abnormal ejaculation, abnormal vision, abnormal gait, abnormal thinking, acne, alcohol intolerance, amnesia, arthritis, asthma, bleeding gums, bone pain, bruising, chills, confusion, conjunctivitis (pinkeye), dehydration, delusions, diabetes, difficulty swallowing, dry eyes, ear ringing, eczema, eye pain, face swelling, fungal infection, gas, gum inflammation, hallucinations, heavy menstruation, hemorrhoids, impotence, increased appetite, increased sex drive, increased salivation, irregular pulse, itching, jerky or irregular movement, joint pain, lack of emotion, lack of coordination, leg cramps, loss of menstruation, low blood sugar, manic reaction, migraine, mouth sores, muscle weakness, neck pain, nosebleeds, painful menstruation, painful urination, paralysis, paranoia, pelvic pain, pneumonia, rash, rectal bleeding, seborrhea, sensitivity to light, skin inflammation or ulcer, slow heart rate, stomach and intestinal inflammation, stupor, swollen testicles, taste disturbances, teeth grinding, thirst, tongue swelling, twitching, uncontrollable bowel movements, underactive thyroid, urinary frequency or incontinence, urinary retention, urinary tract infection, vaginal bleeding, vaginal inflammation, vaginal yeast infection, vertigo, weight loss.

Go to Top of Page

Jet
Super Member (250+ posts)

654 Posts
Gratitude: 46

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  17:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Blimey, I think I might stop taking it and go back to running the world.
Go to Top of Page

adam

475 Posts
Gratitude: 20

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  00:01:21  Show Profile  Visit adam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
personally i don't like it when they post stuff like that. i mean giving u the downsides to the drug that u have to take to gain some kind of sanity. it's like choosing between a dagger or a sword for your death. we really don't have a choice and would be taking a big gamble.pharmacistdan
Go to Top of Page

whoami2day
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  21:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I take half of about 50 mg of this pill because I am an insomniac and it puts me to sleep, is that not a good idea or what? Hey it puts me to sleep. cant sleep without help.
Go to Top of Page

clearmind
Full Member (100+ posts)

154 Posts
Gratitude: 36

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  23:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I take 50mg for sleeping. I'm thinking of halfing
the dose. The only symptoms I see is infrequent
shaking of hands. Does this stuff effect anyone sexually???
I don't know if it's the drug or me. I'm going to find
out in about two weeks when I decrease it down.
Go to Top of Page

clearmind
Full Member (100+ posts)

154 Posts
Gratitude: 36

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  17:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The side effects are probably all individual but I can tell you that
low dose seroquel had a big effect on my sexual functioning. I would
think about it too much and function very infrequently. My P-Doc
would say discontinue the night before and then continue taking it.

Shoulder and neck stiffness is big with me. Drinking caffeine (even off the shelf cold green tea)to get me going makes me so uptight that I had to stop. Shoulder stiffness increases with caffeine intake. I can't fool my body or my adrenals into thinking I'm alert.

I am certainly not complaining just stating what MY reaction is.
I have low blood sugar problems which make it difficult to manage
even low dose.

"My first act of free will is to believe in free will"
Go to Top of Page

spirit
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1055 Posts
Gratitude: 168

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  17:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Guys,
Seems like somewhere I read a post asking about dose levels,

I got this from the web:

The initial dose for bipolar disorder is 50 mg twice daily (100 mg/d). The dose can be increased by 100 mg/d to a daily dose of 400 mg/d. Most patients respond to 400-800 mg/d. Doses greater than 800 mg/d have not been studied.

The initial dose for schizophrenia is 25 mg twice daily (50 mg/d). The dose can be increased by 25-50 mg two or three times daily. The target dose is 300-400 mg/d in two or three doses. Patients respond to 150-750 mg/d, and doses greater than 800 mg/d have not been evaluated.

Spirit
Go to Top of Page

Anamater

284 Posts
Gratitude: 123

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  17:49:28  Show Profile  Visit Anamater's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My pdoc started me out at 100mg, and increased every two or three days up to 400. When that wasn't quite enough, he jumped it up to 500. Maybe it's just i am youngish, but had no problem with that, and 500 did the trick. Should be coming off it soon, though

Art. Like morality, consists of drawing a line.
Go to Top of Page

ange1ik_fruitcake
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  11:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
[blue]my p-doc has me on 900mg of seroquel, plus 15mg of abilify. lower doses just didn't do it for me. without this amount i have paranoid delusions & see things moving that aren't really moving. does anyone else have to take this amount to be normal?
Go to Top of Page

bjames1986
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  12:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Ange1ik I have to take 800 mg of Seroquel everyday and 900 mg of Lithium to control my bipolar disorder. On a lower dose of Seroquel I had paranoid delusions and mania all the time. Hang in there.
Go to Top of Page

hercules21
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5726 Posts
Gratitude: 435
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  01:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I was on doses ranging from 300 to 700 mgs of this for sz. I had the onset of TD with this - I think - I had the beginnings of worm like tongue movements. Caused some mishaps in the workplace when my tongue wiggled around of its own accord.

When we decreased me from 500 to 300 at one point - stress and anxiety set in and I had trouble with my vocabulary - I would say cupboard instead of door. And pick all sorts of wrong words.

Ultimately had a relapse on this med. I am not a fan of it.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1773 Posts
Gratitude: 268

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  02:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I get the vocab problems and weight gain, sweating, drowsiness, dry mouth, when I was drinking I'd get the rapid heartbeat, I don't know if my abnormal dreams are a result of this med or not.

What gets me are the contradictory side effects check this out this medication could cause any of the following:

impotence, increased sex drive,
increased salivation, dry mouth,
constipation, uncontrollable bowel movements,
heavy menstruation, loss of menstruation,
urinary frequency or incontinence, urinary retention,
weight gain, weight loss.

It's almost like they have no idea what they're doing when they come up with these labels. Man, imagine having all the sexual side effects from this drug at once, that would really really suck.

pharmacistdan2005, the only one of the side effects you listed that I wish I had was excessive muscle tone, I'm fat... drug fat

Born in the 80's,
grew up in the 90's,
lost my mind at the Millenium.
Go to Top of Page

hercules21
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5726 Posts
Gratitude: 435
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  02:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Interesting to know that my vocab problems were not unique.

Good post. Made me laugh at points.
Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2021 :  08:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://audiobookkeeper.ru

Go to Top of Page

warbird
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

100629 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2021 :  08:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic