Suicide
 Why Do People Attempt Suicide?

New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faithsialonga
Starting Member

3 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  17:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Faithsialonga's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
A suicide attempt is a clear indication that something is gravely wrong in a person’s life. No matter the race or age of the person; how rich or poor they are, it is true that most people who die by suicide have a mental or emotional disorder. The most common underlying disorder is depression, 30% to 70% of suicide victims suffer from major depression or bipolar (manic-depressive) disorder.
Although they may not call prevention centers, people considering suicide usually do seek help; for example, nearly three-fourths of all suicide victims visit a doctor in the four months before their deaths, and half in the month before.
http://www.pigeonsandracingpigeons.com
Go to Top of Page

Jayster
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2021 Posts
Gratitude: 159

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  22:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have felt suicidal.

I wanted to kill myself because I wanted to punish the people I thought had hurt me, because I felt like a bad person who should be punished, and mainly because I wanted the pain to end.

The teaching I received was that the pain I was in would not end by suicide; that kept me from any serious attempt at suicide.

My life is sweet at present.

Jayster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 25594
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0