New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

justme79
Starting Member

18 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  18:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My Dr. prescribed me that after I told him my symptoms... I asked him what is wrong with me and he skipped around it. My last psychiatrist said he didn't like to give labels. The more I read about this the more I am becoming scared this is it. The running commentary, is that what I hear when I hear myself thinking constantly really loud? I'm not manic bipolar, i'm not hyper, ever. Sometimes it feels like everything is closing in... sureal. It isn't scary, but it's not cool either.. Is this what it is? Also, does anyone smell odd things, like burning cheese or baking bread... is it some sorta joke saying my brain is fried for good
Go to Top of Page

Chunkybeefsoup
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2353 Posts
Gratitude: 412
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  09:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Justme, you have the right to know what your diagnosis is. After all, your doctor gave you Risperdal to take and you have the right to find out just what the Risperdal is for. I don't want to alarm you, but Risperdal is an antipsychotic medication for either Schizophrenia or Bipolar disorder. Please don't be too alarmed because you can definitely get better over time. I have a little of both schizophrenia and bipolar. It's called schizoaffective disorder. My main symptoms are delusions or false beliefs. I was diagnosed back in 1994 and since then have managed to graduate from university. I'm now working as a peer counsellor for my psychiatrist. Please ask for your diagnosis the next time you see your psychiatrist. Remember, having an illness such as this is not a death sentence. You can definitely get better. My thoughts are with you, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

justme79
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  20:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
When you first started getting your symptoms did you feel like you were just imagining it.does it get progressively worse? What's the time frame you had betweem noticing the first negitive/positive symptoms on a full onset? Can medication cause the symptoms?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it,i'm sorta freaking out here
Go to Top of Page

Elfie
Full Member (100+ posts)

172 Posts
Gratitude: 10

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  18:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Maybe the next time you see your doctor, ask him point blank. "What do you feel is wrong with me? I'd feel better if it had a name so I can start to learn how to take care of myself"

To answer, if I understand correctly, I don't know if I realized, as I became symptomatic for the first time, that I actually was becoming so. I actually felt pretty good. Scared sometimes but powerful and very strong. Before that, I remember being kind of in a state of weird turbulence. Things never feel right before I get sick but I attribute them oddly.

ella

"Great thinkers often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

justme79
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  09:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks!! Also I did ask them point blank, they said they don't know exactly. LOL
when you said things didn't feel right do you mean almost like a sort of doomed feeling?
Go to Top of Page

Elfie
Full Member (100+ posts)

172 Posts
Gratitude: 10

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  10:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Yes sometimes but it was more like feeling that there were things going on that involved me. I believed I controlled the weather for a very long time and that I was part of a CIA plot to further terraform the earth for genetically enhanced humans. I believed that milk contained things that changed our brain chemistry and DNA i still don't drink milk. This delusion was a long running one. I had quite a few delusions. But this was the longest. At first my thoughts were more like people talking about and stealing my thoughts, people following me, then it became more important people following me. It was sort of gradual but suddenly it all hit very fast.

Before I became ill, right before, I just felt too busy for my life. Well busy isn't quite the right word. I was very distracted and spent a lot of time in my room, in the park with my notebooks or wandering around in my free time, drinking coffee and having many celestial conversations. It's hard to say what I felt was wrong with me at the time because I didn't feel that anything was wrong with me. I began to feel at the center of a lot of stuff and nervous about it. I didn't want to be famous or known but felt so. I didn't take good care of myself during this time and although my grades continued to be good, with lapses, my papers were given back with comments about how frenetic my writing style had become.

In this state of clarity (which I am presently being medicated for) I felt enlightened. There was a lot of that. I didn't like being locked up against my will for being enlightened and standing on shoulders of giants. Sometimes I still wonder if all they are trying to do is stop us from moving forward.

Doomed? Well yes I have felt that way but that was more a feeling that came after being medicated, when I started to stabilize. It was all too real but unreal and so big.

love
pea

"Great thinkers often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

justme79
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  10:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
It's been a month since I first started the medications, since then everything you've said sounds exactly right on. Except I think it's the water, but I can't stop drinking it... I know what you mean about being too busy, like everything else is too much to bother with and the other things are more important anyway. My collection of notebooks has grown quite a bit in the past year.
I also think you're right about maybe it's something that shouldn't be kept down, just the scary stuff, it could be a type of evolving?
Go to Top of Page

greek116
Full Member (100+ posts)

162 Posts
Gratitude: 11

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  19:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
WOW! So do I sometimes it tastes like some sort of cheese casserole or something! I am so glad to have met someone who experiences the same thing! I was also prescribed Risperdal. I did not even talk to him. Oh Gez i am like this right now!
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24317 Posts
Gratitude: 1887
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  17:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
well im on risperdol and my diognosis is the same as chunky beef soups i have schizo-affective disorder . everyones different.everyones disability is unique to that person though people may share the same symptoms everyones different. but i take risperdal for bipolar[manic deppression] and schizophrenic like symptoms
Go to Top of Page

laralara
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  15:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi dear,
I am desperately looking for someone with schizoaffective it is also my diagnosis (please refer to my previous post), however there is still doubt about this diagnosis according to other pschycatric.You said your main symptoms is delusions and that exactly what I have .Could you please tell me more how those delusions look like and also about the medications you are currently use.
My regards
Go to Top of Page

warbird

100629 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  00:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://audiobookkeeper.ru/book/3146

Go to Top of Page

warbird

100629 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  00:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic